Truthful Heart Happiness Coaching
Ten Ways to a Calm Mind
1. Address Underlying Causes of Stress--
These may be physical, mental or both.
2. Care for your Body: Cleaning up your diet can feel good!
Eating regularly and healthily can lower stress from the highs and lows of
fluctuating blood sugar levels on your body.
3. Move Your Body —
Exercise helps lower stress chemicals and calm the mind.
4. Relax — You must do something to truly relax actively engaging mind
or body. Think of what is truly relaxing or good for you and do it!
Breathe deeply and focus on the breath or an object of inspiration
6. Learning new things or a new skill can bring comfort
(as long as you don’t make it into a job!)
7. H.A.L.T.-- Are you Hungry, Angry Lonely or Tired? H.A.L.T. reminds
you to stop and take care of whatever you are needing in the moment.
8. Use Kindness and Self-Kindness to reduce stress. A good turn done for others can be a tonic for your soul, bringing you to feelings of love. Self- care is also love and can help you want to do for others. Stretching, yoga, even a cup of tea or a hot bath etc., can help your body relax and turn on the relaxation response.
9. Call a friend or journal to blow off steam, mull over a problem or just chat,
and maybe feel loved and cared for-- and relaxed.
10. Open Heart and Mind-- It feels good to know that your beliefs, attitudes, point of view and responses to life situations are open for examination and possible re- thinking to reduce stress.
11. Create Community — A support network of friends, family, and community reduces stress and is shown to lengthen life – these people are often your best allies through thick and thin.
12. Write your own relaxing or self- healing method that can bring calmness to your mind. Then take the action and do it!